Meet your guide in Bethlehem either Jerusalem Bus Station in Bethlehem “Bab Zqaq” if you are coming from Jerusalem or pick up from your hotel in Bethlehem. Your guide will meet you and you will drive to Wadi Qelt start the hike. Start the hike from Ein Fawwar, there you will see Ein Fawwar spring and you will see the Roman aqueducts. One the way, you will learn about the flora and fona in Palestine wilderness and you passing by several water springs, there are 3 main springs in this valley and possibility to enjoy fresh bath in the natural pools along the route. We will make several short stops to enjoy the landscape and a view of Saint George Monastery. The monastery is open daily from 9am to 1pm and we might be able to visit the monastery from inside depending on our arrival time. Later, we will continue our hike toward Jericho and visit Tulul Sbu el-‘alayiq “The archaeological site of the Roman Jericho” also called the Hashmonain Palaces/Herod’s Palaces. From Jericho, we will take a taxi back to our car and drive back to Bethlehem where the tour will end.
- Private license guide driver
- Car fuel
- Taxi from Jericho back to the car
- Pickup and drop-off in Bethlehem only
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of Bethlehem
- Personal expenses
What to Bring
- Wear comfortable non-slip hiking shoes, appropriate clothing, a hat, sunglasses, sunscreen, and a backpack for your stuff.
- Bring some food/fruits and snacks
- Minimum 3 liters of water
- Bring your passport and visa
Jerusalem bus station in Bethlehem (Location on google map) or another location within Bethlehem upon request
8 or 9 am depending on your preference. (You will be contacted to confirm time)
Approximate 8 hrs
Returns to the original departure point.